Mission critical multi-platform instant messaging system
An instant messaging system which is run on desktop and portable devices. It provides high reliability message delivering services, keeps message history in a centralized storage, provides chat capabilities and message delivery to two-way pagers.
- back-end protocol stack is implemented as cross-platform executable modules written in C++
- Oracle database is used as a message storage
- JSP-based web UI is provided for an administrator to manage users belonging to groups and send alerts to groups
- redundancy on the server side is used for reliable message delivery; on the database level, redundancy is provided via replication, including procedural replication
- COM and Java SDKs are provided to support embedding instant messaging capabilities into third-party software
- Jabber is used for inter-communications with customers using other instant messaging providers